We're cutting the cable and putting up an antenna. I have a not-too-old laptop I plan on using as a DVR (or PVR - not sure what the difference is), and have an inexpensive USB TV tuner on order. Any suggestions for software?
Currently the PC has Windows 7 with Media Center. I was looking at MythTV - it seems pretty full-featured (installing Linux on the laptop shouldn't be an issue). But I have no experience with either of these.
- Auto record shows
- Pause/Rewind Live TV
- Act as a server - other PCs on network can access recordings
- iPad app to access recordings
- Media server for my videos/pictures/music
- DVD/Blu-ray grabber - store copies of my DVDs on disk
- Work with multiple USB tuners - watch and record at same time
- Netflix/Amazon Prime Integration