Similar to Tiny single process authorative DNS server for Linux, I am looking for
- a DNS Server software
- that runs standalone (i.e. is an exe that I double click, not a service that runs in the background)
- works on Windows 7 (x64 SP1)
- is gratis
- allows commercial use
- has a UI for assigning names and IPs
- supports DNS load balancing (configure more than one IP per name; configurable whether it returns same or random order of IPs)
- ideally does not need installation (portable app)
I just need it for testing purposes, since I don't want to contact our IT department each time I want to play with the DNS settings.
I have tried:
- SANS, but it does not support randomizing of IP addresses. Other than that, this is basically what I'm looking for: simple UI, got it up and running within a few minutes.