The format should be
- can make interactive animations with mouse
- easily integrable to other animations of the same format
- preferably converters from SWF (not necessary)
I cannot use SWF in the long-run because it is not open. I run all the time into problems when I have to combine a few animations and make a new one. I need to see the source code of the format and its tools to understand it.
To control system complexity and bind things together
I think I partially go into the area of Mathematical simulation tools
- Matlab (I have problems in large scaling so no)
- SageMath (potential most)
- R (have to clarify still to myself where to use this exactly)
My current needs seem to be tools which I can port in terminal
- SWF (only for existing SWF documents; so probably best idea is to separate this from the main stream; so we can use LaTeX)
- R (this will be useful in controlling and binding different systems together)
What is a good open interactive animation format for research?