I have a Programs folder with hundreds of programs in it (some portable, most are installers), like 7-Zip, Adobe Flash Player, the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, etc.
Of course, most programs are regularly updated, and as a result of that some of the programs/installers will be outdated from time to time. However, I don't want that. I want to have the most recent installer/program at all times.
At the moment I have to go to each program's website, compare the latest version on the website with the version I have downloaded to see if there's a newer version, and then download the newer version (if there is one). This can be quite a tedious task, especially when you have more than 200 programs.
I would like to be (partly) relieved of this manual and laborious task. Preferably I would like a program that checks every executable in my Programs folder to see if there's a newer version, and then download it, but I realise this could be an impossible task.
In a nutshell, I'd like a program that does this:
- Runs on Windows (10)
- Checks the version of executables (either using the embedded version tag - or whatever it's called - if it exists, or using the folder they're placed in - which has the version as name)
- Compares the version of the executables with an online up-to-date and exhaustive database of programs to see if a newer version has been released
- Notifies me if there's a newer version available, so I can download it myself
Downloads newer versions of programs itself
Some facts about my 'programs database':
- contains only publicly accessible executables (both freeware and commercial programs)
- has both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of programs (if they have a separate 32-bit and 64-bit version)
- If there's only one program by a certain company/developer, the structure is like this:
E:\Users\nidunc\Downloads\Programs\[Program]\[Version]\[Executable]). If there's more than one program by the same developer/company, the structure is like this:
E:\Users\nidunc\Downloads\Programs\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\184.108.40.2067\install_flash_player_20_plugin.exe(so
I know of FileHippo AppManager and SuMO Lite, but they're both mainly meant for installed programs, so they're not an option for me (I don't want to install every single program just to check if there's a newer version).
I also know that a similar question has already been asked, but that one's closed and is more than a year old.