Over the time I've gathered some DVDs which I think would also be nice on our Mac Mini, which we use as NAS as well as for other stuff. We also use a streaming tool (Plex) so it would be nice to have the movies at one place.
I've made some attempts to rip DVDs using Handbrake, which is nice because it can get around the copyright thing. But in term of h/w ratio and quality it was horrible.
What I'm looking for is a DVD ripping tool that fits these criterias:
- Easy to use (good default settings or easy to change)
- Good quality in sound and video
- Options for file output (.mp4, .avi, .xxx)
- Velocity (shouln't take a whole night to do the magic :))
- Gets around the copyright
- Windows 7, Mac OS (pref) or Linux Ubuntu (on VM)
- Not expensive (> 15$ app store, elsewhere purchase with paysafe)
Assuming it is legal to make these copies for personal use and at least not considered illegal to go around the copyright where I live. Just things I love about Switzerland ;)