For a home-built datacenter, I am searching for a software which handles creating, installing & updating OS images.
It should have the following features;
- web interface (command line client ist also acceptable)
- send different OS images to servers
- initiate update process (install new image & reboot)
- create different group of servers (e.g. "web" "database") and push new images to a specific group
- different update strategies (e.g. only one server at a time)
- create OS images (taking code from git and installing it; OPTIONAL)
It should run on Ubuntu Server. A combination of software may also be possible: One software which handles updating the hardware servers from images which are created by another piece of software. If possible, the software should not be bloated and contain a bunch of other features, but instead be specific for this task.
Note: Bonus point if the application provides an HTTP API.