I own a PostSharp license. PostSharp is a IL code weaver for .NET in order to achieve aspect oriented programming (AOP).
Depending on the edition, PostSharp comes with more or less aspects included, but in any case, I can think of many more aspects that could be implemented with PostSharp but are not delivered by default.
Since I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I'm interested in libraries that bring new PostSharp aspects. I am not looking for particular aspects, I'd just have a look at all the suggestions and find out whether I can apply them to my project(s) or not.
Requirements (otherwise the question would be too broad) for the aspects:
- must work with PostSharp 4.2
- must not be WPF aspects
- may be WinForms aspects
- must work with .NET 4.0 or higher (.NET 2.0 support highly appreciated)
- cost less than 35 € / 40 USD
- perpetual license if commercial
- if no commercial support is available, it should be open source in order to be able to make bug fixes
Examples of potential aspects which are IMHO not included in PostSharp Ultimate:
- Stopwatch (performance analysis)
- Mouse Cursor (e.g. hourglass)
- ETW Logging (Event Tracing for Windows)
- Memory Gate (ensure enough memory is available)
- Slowdown (sleep, e.g. for demo versions)
- Garbage Collect (before/after a method)
- UAC (save app state and restart as admin)
I am not looking for
- Logging or monitoring aspects such as PubComp since that's the too obvious use case of AOP and implemented many times already
- Aspects bundled to a commercial product, such as SmartInspect, Loupe or ReflectInside. BTW they are all logging aspects at the same time and violate the price requirement.
- alternatives to PostSharp such as SheepAspect or Afterthought since I have a PostSharp license and I am used to it.
Candidates not qualifying due to missing documentation: