Is there software to create beautiful UML diagrams? All UML tools I have used so far just generate ugly and pixelated diagrams which cannot be used e.g. in a marketing brochure. Last time I re-painted all diagrams in Inkscape.
I'm looking for
- a program that somehow supports built-in UML shapes (e.g. not Inkscape)
- high resolution (300+ dpi) export to bitmap or vector graphics
- beautiful in the sense of graphics design
- configurable shape properties, e.g. border width, rounded corners
I'm not necessarily looking for
- software which can generate syntactically correct UML diagrams
- software which can import from or export to XMI format
- Enterprise Architect does not suit my needs.
- Microsoft Visio is quite close, maybe I'm just too stupid to use it.
Any UML version (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) supporting the following diagram types is ok:
- sequence diagrams
- class diagrams
- component diagrams
- package diagrams
- state machine diagrams
- use case diagrams