I'm looking for a hosted PM system for what I assume is a fairly typical project-management/ticketing role. Essentially, at any moment we want to be able to see:
- Tasks by priority and due date, (including sequencing by dependencies)
- Who is doing what. But not just who has been assigned what, but more particularly: of the tasks, assigned or not, what people are presently working on? Sort of like a source-control for tasks: You check out a task when you're actually working it, and check it back in when you've moved on to something else.
- Who has done what over some recent period. E.g., DevA checked out Task 1, but turned it back in marked incomplete later that day.
On the task side it's the usual: We want to create projects consisting of hierarchical, prioritized tasks, potentially with dependencies. E.g., Project A has task t, due in a week, consisting of subtasks x, y, and z. Z can't be done until x and y are done. Y has priority 1, X has priority 2.
We want users to be able to:
- Create and organize projects and tasks
- Triage tasks (i.e., change priority)
- Assign tasks
- Pick up tasks (a.k.a., "check out" to work on)
- Annotate tasks
- Mark tasks complete