I am looking for a tool that would make my office life a bit easier. While I don't really like the online-ness of IFTTT (and I am not allowed to use it in the office anyway), from what I read and heard about IFTTT, that sounds much what I'm looking for.
E.g. I'd like
- if a file changes, pop up a notice
- if a file changes and certain content was found, play a sound
- if the screensaver starts, suspend the VMs and take a snapshot
- if I am away from keyboard for >5 minutes, run some unit tests (basically: run a program)
- every 20 minutes, remind me of drinking some water
- very minute, check the availability of servers and notify me if one is not available
- if my IP address changes, enable the firewall
- if I'm in the office before 8:00, do a HTTP request to wake up the server and start caching (haha, those pieces need a restart every night and are really slow if you access them the first time)
- must run offline, i.e. is a local installation. As mentioned before, it should have some online features like HTTP, Ping etc.
- should cost <300 USD. If it is that expensive, it should be worth the money and really be a time saver.
- should be available as a perpetual personal license that allows being installed on a PC and laptop at the same time
- must work on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Windows 10 x64, Windows 8 and 8.1 not necessarily required
I am not looking for a programming language suggestion. I know C# and I could implement all that myself if I just had the time. I also know Windows Task scheduler can run tasks at certain times.