We have a device that cannot handle certain HTTP response codes correctly. While we have identified one of them now, I'd like to perform tests for other response codes.
Therefore I'm looking for
- an application or virtual appliance
- that is gratis or open source
- and provides defined URLs for different HTTP response codes
- ideally for HTTP and HTTPS
- has more configuration possibilities than http://httpstat.us/
- multiple redirects (see example below)
- customizable response content
- perhaps act as a proxy to get dynamic content from somewhere else
If the answer is an application,
- it must work on Windows 7 SP1 x64 (and higher if possible)
- may require admin elevation
If the answer is a virtual appliance,
- it must be for VMWare (Workstation 10) or VirtualBox
- may require Ubuntu command line knowledge
- may be any other OS if it provides a configuration UI
www.example.com/http404.htmlreturns a HTTP 404 "not found" response code.
www.example.com/http307.htmlreturns a HTTP 307 "temporary redirect", redirecting to a page that returns HTTP 200 "OK".
www.example.com/http307-301.htmlreturns a HTTP 307 "temporary redirect", redirecting to a page that returns HTTP 301 "moved permanently", redirecting to a HTTP 200 "OK".