Is there any kind of system (web or desktop) that allows managing a small library? Users that search for available books, then register taking them out and returning them, admins that add new books as they are bought, etc.?
I'm thinking of an app in a school/university/company that lets users take a book off a bookshelf and instead of asking someone else to register that they have taken the book, they would log in to the system and do that themselves.
- It should be a website, or otherwise use Windows
- Open source, or free, or free to try (EDIT: if it's paid, I need to be able to see an online demo)
- Should handle up to 10000 users
- Ability to search for books that discuss a particular topic
Nice to haves:
- Users suggest books to buy, and based on these requests, the admin can buy those books that were demanded the most
- Users can comment on books that they have read