I need to compare two Windows registry
.reg files (taken before and after a problem appeared).
- I tried WinMerge, but it does not display any highlighting even so the files are different.
- I copied the files to Linux and tried Meld but it says
before.reg appears to be a binary file.
- Regshot can only compare the registry at the present time, it does not have any dialog to enter an existing registry file.
- RegDiff Registry Differences Picker just dumps differences to a text file, no highlighting.
- Highlight differences
- Ideally shows keys as a hierarchy, so that I can press a
[-]button to collapse the whole comparizon of
HKEY_USERSfor instance. A bit like some diff viewers can show differences between two hierarchies of folders.
- Works file
.regfiles of 300 MB
- Any OS is OK, webapp OK too