Looking for an Android app that will tell me when select products are available on Amazon for user-defined prices.
I would think there would be dozens of such apps, but I have yet to find a good one.
The most obvious candidate is Amazon Price Tracker Platinum, but the reviews are quite bad, and they indicate that it most likely does not meet requirements #2 and #3 below.
- Runs on Android KitKat
- Does not run all the time
- Only checks once per day (or, preferably, at a configurable interval)
- Does not use excessive amounts of battery or storage
- Easy to add items from the Amazon app (most likely via the Share menu)
- Works for items sold by Amazon and their third-party sellers
- Notifies you via the app or notifications, not via email
Preferences (but not requirements):
- Performs the price checking on a host server and simply sends an alert to the app when a price has been lowered to meet the threshold specified by the user