You might wish to take a look at SD Maid, though you will probably need the paid version:
- also deletes all other data created by the app: that's what it's famous for, its "Corpse finder" – finding those "left-overs" (or "danglers") after an app has been uninstalled
- Does not keep a service resident when not in use: I'm not aware of any (but must admit I've not used the app recently)
- automatically runs when using Android's standard app uninstaller or can be used in place of the standard uninstaller: When I've used the app last, it didn't have an "app uninstaller" included. But some time has passed since, and an "AppControl" module has been added meanwhile which, according to the app's description, meets this requirement.
- Does not make internet connections: free version has network permissions, most likely for ads. I've never bought the pro version, so I cannot tell about this; it certainly wants to check its license (
vending.CHECK_LICENSE permission for "Google Play license check"), but I'd expect the paid version to do no other "internet stuff".
- Works on Android KitKat: Certainly. App description says "2.3.3 and up", and the help page has a section specific to "Android 4.4 - SDCard access"
The app doesn't strictly require root, but unleashes its full power when root is available. Listing some features from its app description:
- Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
- You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
- The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
- AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
- The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
- You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
- View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
- Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
(emphasis mine, where something matched your requirements)
Screenshots (source: Google Play; click images for larger variants)