I'm looking for a way to remotely use desktop computer located at home from a laptop from any location over Internet.
- Windows with VirtualBox running several virtual machines (Linux for now).
- No need to remotely connect to Windows.
- There has to be a way to SSH into all those virtual hosts.
- One of hosts is Ubuntu which is my developer desktop, I need visual remote desktop connection to it.
- Setup should work with both Windows and Mac laptops.
Could you tell me which technologies and tools to use?
- How to obtain SSH-able domain name for my desktop.
- What are tradeoffs when using each of them?
- Which part of the goal is solved by each of those tools?