Creating complex HTML tables manually can be cumbersome. Therefore I’m looking for a tool (with GUI *) that makes creating complex tables easy.
It should be possible to create any kind of table (e.g., with colspans/rowspans), not just the most basic/simple kind.
(* Note that I’m not looking for a different markup language which could be converted to HTML.)
Creating a table (GUI)
- allow to specify which columns/rows are headers (Export:
- allow to specify which headers apply to which cells (Export:
- allow to use HTML when entering content (i.e., the tool shouldn’t convert
- allow moving columns/rows
- allow sorting columns/rows alphabetically
Exporting a table (HTML)
- Valid HTML5 snippet (
- No need to validate HTML entered as part of the content.
- No ballast (no
- It must be FLOSS (can be a self-hosted Web app or a local client).
- If it’s a local solution: I’d prefer GNU/Linux, but a solution for any OS is welcome.