We're looking at expanding our office, which will mean that we'll have to separate offices. This will make communication a bit more difficult, because any time we have a question, we'll need to rely on email, which can have a bit of a delay.
So instead the idea of the use of a network instant messenger comes to mind.
We'll be using a VPN, for communication between the Domain Controllers on each site, with a LAN network in each location.
OS: Windows 7 Pro/10 Pro (Currently using 7 Pro, but we are upgrading to 10 Pro shortly)
- If needed, we want to be able to save conversations
- We want to restrict who we add to the contact list, perhaps restrict it to admin rights only
- Can add files (not essential, we can use email to send attachments)
- Group chat feature would be useful, but not necessary
- Preferably free or low cost
- Preferably not cloud based