I am a Computer Science student and we are currently learning Relational Algebra. I wish to be able to write Relational Algebra Queries and test to see what they return. Thus, I am looking for a Database Management System that can understand Relational Algebra Queries.
My Criteria are:
- Should be for all intents and purposes a Database Management System. That is:
- I should be able to create tables.
- I should be able to insert data into tables.
- I should be able to query tables, and have it output the result of the query.
- Although I don't really care about the exact implementation of it.
- Must accept Relational Algebra Queries. Again, I don't care about the implementation. It could translate it to SQL and then query an SQL Database if it wants, as long as it can understand the queries I give it.
This is for educational purposes.