I fear from losing my USB stick. I'm looking for an encryption program that can hide my USB files in such a way that I have only one file shown on Windows Explorer when it's first inserted. When I run it, it should ask me for password. Then, it should show Windows Explorer all of the files and folders all until I unplug the USB stick or run the encryption program that will quickly lock the files.
- Admin privileges must not be required from the host!
- Must work on Windows and Linux (or Python, if nothing from the former, for extra compatibility)
- Must not depend on if BitLocker is built in the OS (for example, Windows Home editions don't have it and I have Windows 7 Home Premium)
- Any program running on the USB stick MUST be able to detect its apppath, other files, etc. just like any other program all while the file system is unlocked
- Same goes for any other program's File Dialog when opening the USB stick
- Program must be free and mustn't have any "sopastic NSA-like sniffer" Digital Restrictions Management
Does anyone know if such program exists?