We currently have an automation process for pulling remote sales data from our restaurant terminals (all Windows based) via FTP. To make things awkward I now have to cater for one terminal that is android based, so I'm looking for an FTP Server for Android to do the same.
I have a few requirements:
- The android device in question cannot be rooted, so no apps that require root.
- The app must be able to start automatically on device boot.
- The app must support passive ftp (the ability to set passive ports would be nice, but if I know the hardcoded port range this is just as good).
- The app must be able to be bound to an external IP (the device sits behind a router, so it cannot use its internal IP address)
- The app does not have to be free, as long as it works!
I feel like I've tried every FTP Server in the Play store. The closest I got was Free FTP Server by SQZSoft - it has all the features I mentioned, however a bug in the external IP binding setting is preventing me from entering anything (it appears to only accept integers). I've contacted the developer but he does not seem inclined to update it.
If anyone can suggest an app that does what I need, I'd be most grateful!