I've done countless hours of research, tried tens of programs, and have yet to find a backup program that meets my specifications:
- Support both file- and image-based backups.
- Save symlinks and junctions (instead of traversing them) in both image AND file backups.
- Allow me to selectively choose which files and folders to restore from both file AND image backups.
- Provide a treeview interface with checkboxes through which to choose my backup targets.
- Be able to launch one or more programs of my choosing both pre- and post-backup.
- Compress backups, ideally using LZMA.
- Secure backups using AES-256 encryption and password protection.
- Output to a single file.
- Backup in-use files using Volume Shadow Copy (or a comparable technology).
- Auto-purge old backups after <x> days or <x> backups.
- Have a GUI.
- Not be written in Java.
- Be in active development. I define this as having been updated in the past year.
- Support what Acronis calls "version chaining".
- Support the mounting of backup archives.
- Support block-level/reverse delta backups.
Does such a piece of software exist?