I'm teaching a college software engineering course, where the students are divided into small teams of 2-3 people. Throughout the semester the students work on their software projects, and I like to introduce them to agile sprint management tools. Would you recommend any online sprint management tools (both paid or free) to help with this?
Note: I've lightly looked into Atlassian Jira Agile, which seems to be overkill (and a higher learning curve for students). I've had students try Trello, which is too lightweight, because I can't view their progress without going to each person's page. If there is a way to easily upgrade or configure these products, that is an ok answer too!
Here are my criteria:
- Students can add tasks and subtasks
- Students can add points/hours to tasks as estimates
- Students can assign tasks to people
- Students can mark tasks as not-started, in-progress, completed
- Students can add labels tasks as different themes or topics
- Students can add sprints / delete sprints
- As a teacher, I can create projects and assign students to a project
- As a teacher, I can see student projects
- As a teacher, I can see agile-burndowns of student points vs accomplished over time
- As a teacher, I can see individual student