I have a Nexus 4 Android phone and I use Google Calendar to set up appointments and other important events with reminders so I won't forget about them. However when the phone triggers the reminder it just displays a calendar notification on the screen without any sound/vibration. This means that if I don't accidentally look at my phone just after the reminder has been displayed and the event starts I will miss the event, which happens frequently for me.
So I'm looking for some kind of calendar app or calendar reminder app for Android that will give me vibration/sound notifications whenever a Google Calendar reminder is triggered.
If there is some setting I've missed that you can change so the standard Google Calendar app uses sound and vibration for reminders that would be good enough for me to accept as an answer (possibly even ideal, unless there is some other app out there that's much better).
- The app should interact with Google Calendar and trigger on reminder information set in Google Calendar (see use case below).
- It should be able to notify about upcoming calendar events with vibration and possibly also sound.
- It should work all the time, that is I shouldn't have to start the app whenever I restart the phone.
- It should not display any icon in the notification bar except for when it has issued a reminder. Then the reminder should be displayed in the notification bar.
- It should preferably be free or cheap.
- It would be nice to be able to choose which sound it should play for reminders, or disable sounds completely.
I add a meeting for 13.00 on Wednesday with a reminder 5 minutes before in Google Calendar from my computer, the app on Android will then trigger a reminder at 12.55 on Wednesday by playing a sound and vibrate briefly.