I work for a company that has a lot of remote employees, and we conduct a lot of business with file sharing services (namely Google Drive) and screen sharing services (typically WebEx). We've recently started working with a company in China, and I'm looking for analogous services that are accessible in China.
My priorities are:
- Relatively secure. I understand that nothing is perfect, but if possible it would be convenient to not have to encrypt the data going through the service myself (i.e. reliable built in encryption).
- User friendly. I know that I could set up an FTP server somewhere, but I'm hoping that it won't come to that. I'd prefer if it had a more accessible, graphical interface. Also on the subject of user friendliness, it would be really helpful if both the English and Chinese versions of the site were decent.
- Affordable. I believe that TeamViewer is usable from China, but I'm hoping there is something more affordable out there.
- Audio support. This isn't a dealbreaker, but on the balance it would be great if the service integrated audio as well. Saves setting up a conference call.
File Sharing: 115.com, smartfile.com
Screen Sharing: GoToMeeting, AnyMeeting, Blue Jeans
- It seems like mega.nz is avaiable in China, so I think I'll use that for file sharing.
- After trying it, it seems that 115.com doesn't actually have very good English support.