I use smtp4dev when I develop web stuff using my local Wamp Server, allowing me to catch emails sent out from what i'm developing/testing. At work where i have my work email configured in Outlook when I view the messages from Outlook opens, however on both my home PC and laptop, I don't have outlook configured.
On these two, I normally had to save the email to the hard drive and open it in something like IE because I want to avoid configuring Outlook just to read emails.
I'm looking for something that I can use to view my emails or something like smtp4dev but with it's own email viewer
- Compatible with Windows 7
- Does not require a net connection
- Does not need to have Outlook configured
- Compatible with Wamp Server
- View Emails with HTML formatting
- Compatible with Windows XP, My main computer is Windows 7 and i do some development on my Laptop which is XP, this is optional as I can put any email testing aside when i work on my laptop and do it on my main PC
- Not seperate installer for 32 and 64 bit systems, my PC uses a 64 bit version of Window 7 while XP is 32 bit, I rather a program with one installer for both, also as nothing like that iTunes where where it will check to make sure you are using a 32 bit installer in a 32 bit environment
- Can view attachments in emails, this is mainly for a software which replaces smtp4dev, with it when you open an email it's not attached, you have to go to a separate section to view attachments