This is not a duplicate of Forum solution for ASP.NET MVC Application.
I've been searching for a (preferable) MVC.NET Forum Solution with the following requirements and found 2 "worth looking at" solutions : Yaf and NearForums.
Here are requirements :
It has to :
- use .NET framework (very important) and be up to date
- be SEO optimized
- have a good support (free or not)
- use the Board/Categories/Forums system
- have an optimized database (we have more than 2.5Million users and counting)
- support heavy loads
- have a good level of security
- Run on MS Server 2008 (at least), and use MSSQL
It's best if it:
is an integrable MVC application with source files we can work on without spending days on it to add functionalities, etc..
has Facebook/Twitter/Google account registration included
- has a responsive design
- has good administration/database tools
It has to avoid using Entity Framework (too slow for our future needs), and finally, price does not matter; it can be free or not.
So far I've looked at the latest version of Yaf (which we've been using since 2001, but never upgraded so I'm trying to upgrade it right now to version 2.1.1 but I'm having troubles since the DB has been modified a thousand times..), then found NearForums which I'm also looking at, but i wondered if there were any other solutions (free or not) that might do the job ?
We are really open to any .NET solution in general, that is of course up to date, and even if it doesn't fit all our requirements at a 100%, we can still take some time to work on it's development.