I want to see how the Internet usage from my Ubuntu 2013.10 machine is divided between hosts. Example:
43% Netflix 21% Jamendo 12% Wikicommons 8% Flickr 5% Mail.ru 3% Mysface [...]
- Measure all traffic going through
wlan0, both download/upload
- Show percentages (or data size) by domain
- Group subdomains (both
ftp.ibm.comgo into a single figure
- Don't show traffic from my computer to my computer
- Open Source
- Intelligent grouping, for instance
- Display as a chart (ideally a pie chart for the whole month).
- Don't include traffic between the OS and my local VirtualBox virtual machines.
Seen below, ntop is quite close, but unfortunately it shows local traffic, (
192.168.0.66 is the same machine,
ff02::fb is localhost in IPv6, etc), and the host names are not useful, (
nrt* is actually
nrt*.1e100.net, which is Google).