What are the options for a simple monitoring system:
- Operating System to install on: Linux
- Only need to ping device.
- Send alerts if devices are not responding to ping.
- Simple to add devices - such as adding IP address in a text file with a description.
- Alerts to be sent on email when hosts are not responding.
- Will be monitoring 25-75 devices.
- Don't need any web interface or anything else than ping, but if it has such, it is not a problem.
- A script scheduled with Cron would be ok. But the best would be something with a bit of intelligence such as notify when host is back up after a down.
Note: A script would be ok.