Replicate, Migrate, Transfer, Backup, Restore Multiple Folder Paths & Subtree w/ or w/out ZIP, TAR Archiving
I'd like to find a tool, utility, app or Scripts/ Automation that allows me to selectively specify multiple/ several folder & file paths on a drive.
For example, Chrome, Opera, Comodo, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Apple etc.
- C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\OneNote Notebooks
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
- C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default
- and so on..
They all store some relevant data, settings, files and information for a certain user and machine.
Main Functions: I'd like to be able to I want to be able to easily do the following things with those paths and their entire subtree:
- Directly Replicate and Migrate, with and/or without Backup/ Archiving & Restore as an intermediate stage
- Being able to specify & select various paths
- Preferably maintain timestamps on all files and folders
- Overwrite if required
- No real time syncing required
- No Scheduling required
To: Exact same original file paths
- Same Disk or
- Another Disk
Solution Options: To archive and extract a list of paths/ archives
- A tool/ app/ utility that will allow me to select multiple paths
- An archiving app (for 7z, ZIP, TAR or RAR) that can be scripted or run via a GUI