I'm searching a good and reliable virtualization software for Windows 8/8.1 and therefor for Windows 10 too (which shouldn't be that hard, as it will work on Windwos 8).
I know VMWare and VirtualBox. Currently I'm not sure if I want to buy VMWare, as it's not that cheap and on the other hand VirtualBox is great, but it has some errors or misbehavior especially if you run a team of virtual machines.
Is there any competitive software which is ideally OpenSource and runs good on Windows?
- Runs on Windows
- Has support for virtual teams (means: build a virtual network between just those teamed machines)
- It should be able to run multiple VMs at the same time (10+)
- Ideally some filesharing addition. An easy way to get data into the vm or out of it (like the VMWare Additions).
- optional: It would be great if the software adds recommendations for the OS your trying to install (minimum ram, etc.)
- optional: Automatic setup (just throw the ISO into the VM, give the needed information at the start (username, pw, etc.)) and the setup will be executed by the software