UPDATE: The question assumes there's no master password set in FF that protects the password DB.
As far as I'm aware, Firefox profiles store your website passwords in cleartext (or at least, not in hashed/salted form).
As such, I'm looking for a program that would let me extract the list of passwords from Firefox.
- Free or extremely cheap (under $1)
- Extracts from any version of Firefox on Windows that is less than 2 years old.
- Won't be broken just because FF bumped the version by 1 (assuming the new version doesn't change the password storage mechanism)
- Extra credit: ability to insert the extracted password file into a FF profile, replacing or augmenting current set of passwords.
- OK if the program is in the form of some Perl/Python published script; or standalone, or Mozilla plug-in - assuming the rule about FF version compatibility 2 years back stands.
- OS Compatibility: MUST work on Windows. But extra points if it works on other OSs, especially Android FF and Linux.