I am looking for CPU profiling tool for Java.
The data collection agent must
- supports multiple platform (windows 32 and 64bit, Linux 64bit)
- should able to deploy on tens of machines without licensing problem
- Must have Java API to start, stop profiling, filter applied classes, and dump
data to some location
- preferably pure Java
The analysis/reporting agent
- Must have Java API to analyze data , say a report on top 100% functions or how much time spend on specific method, how many times a method was called.
- Okay to be platform dependent
- Okay to be commercial license
I have considered yourkit. Data collection is possible with API, but does not have a programmatic way to analyse the capture data(am I wrong?)