I'd like to plan a travel itinerary in a Gantt-chart-like fashion. This is what I'd like:
- Zoom in down to resolution of less than an hour, zoom out to resolution of months
- Ability to set "task" start/end time manually, or through GUI
- Hopefully can indicate "dependencies" on the timeline with arrows
- Free/Open Source for Linux
So far, I have looked at these applications:
- GanttProject - cannot zoom in at resolution of hours, events cannot be set in terms of hours
- ProjectLibre - Can zoom in to hours, task/events start/end can be set in terms of hours - but it adds constraints automatically, and you cannot set an end of the event beyond the declared end of work day - unless you do something with custom calendars which I really don't understand
- planner - can zoom into hours, but cannot set task start and end in hours
ProjectLibre might in principle be suitable - but I find this setting up of custom calendars and work day constraints extremely difficult, just to be able to write in "task" that represents a flight landing (say) Saturday afternoon.
Is there anything simpler I could use for something like this - a Gantt chart like a visualization of a travel plan/itinerary?