Background: As many users of Facebook have probably found (assuming they're like me) the chat history is ridiculously lame, annoying and inneffective for long conversations. I have one convo in particular that has over 14k messages including attachments/pictures. To view anything older than a week or two is a LOT of scrolling.
So what I'm looking for for this program to do:
- Must Gratis.
- Must Grab whole chat history of one message thread and save it in a different format.
- Must Saveable as at least one of these options:
- "nice" html - something like: full width with H3s for each day, H2s for each week or month, skips profile image but include user name and post time.
- as email archive (any standard email format) of one message per day or per chat message
- something else easy to use and everything.
- Bonus Open Source.
- Bonus multiple destination format options.
- Bonus built in automation capable - like grab and append every x days (rather than scheduled task and wasting bandwidth etc of overwriting the whole thing)
- Bonus GUI to select list of message threads - each thread to a separate file or folder if in an mail box type format.
- CLI or GUI is fine
- Preferred a Windows app or Chrome/Firefox Extension/scriptlet.
- Acceptable Linux app
- a web-app is not acceptable.