I'm looking for some sort of journaling/diary software which lets me define different sections that can be filled out each day.
For example, I might want to have a "Gym log" section (free form), a "Food log" (free form or sub-divided), a "Did I remember to do this?" list of checkboxes, a "measurements" section with pre-defined fields, and so on. Each day would then have the same set of sections based on this template.
I've looked at what's out there, but everything I've found falls into two categories: Arbitrary entries (add as many entries per day as you want, no inherent structure) or daily entry (one entry per day, no sections). I want something which will have the same sections each day even if they're blank.
- Ideally, it would be OSX-compatible, but Windows-only is tolerable. Web-based is fine too.
- Syncing/accessibility on an iOS device is a major plus, but not a requirement. Conversely, an iOS-only app would be acceptable, but not ideal.
- Free is great, but I'm willing to pay for sufficiently useful software. Ideally, the price would be less than $30, but that's a pretty soft limit. (That said, money is finite, so the more expensive it actually is, the less likely I am to actually buy and use it)
- Password protection is irrelevant (aside from account credentials, if necessary)
- I'd love to have the ability to have alternate views based on sections, such as "show me the 'gym' section from every day".