I often look up an address and check where it is on a map. I was using Google Maps but recently they switched the design and it is slow/unreliable on my 2012 big-screened computer.
- Can be used by specifying the address in the URL, for instance
https://duckmaps.org?address=Azuma 1-11 Tsukuba
- Free to use
- Maps show up fast, not necessarily full-screen
- Good at finding addresses. Under the hood, it might call the powerful Google Maps geocoding API to get the coordinates.
- Whole world, not just USA.
- A webapp is the best, but a standalone program is OK too if it works on Linux.
- When I spot an interesting spot on a map, I can get its coordinates as text, for instance
Tried but rejected: