One thing I like doing at home when working on some personal creative projects is to use a Wiki to collate all the lore, so I have easy reference to it when my memory fails me. At home I currently use MediaWiki on a WAMP server.
However, I have been setting up my tablets so I can continue this kind of work when I don't have access to my PC. One of the problems is that my memory can still fail me, and when this happens I tend to hit a roadblock (eg. when writing a Nanoha fan fiction I would have to stop when I am about to have Alicia explain why Death still exists in Al-Hazard when Trishia resurrected Lutecia and Alicia herself has been resurrected, unable to remember if this has been explained before, I normally have to stop until I can confirm it).
So I thought I should look into seeing if there was a Wiki Creation App for iOS of Android which I can use as a mobile repository of my home Wiki
- Offline - as not all the time I will have access to the Internet
- No Logon/registration with third party - while this should be a given with my Offline requirement Wattpad on iOS does require you to create an account and advertises that you can read books from them while offline.
- If iOS then it should be fine to just use my Apple Login
- If Android it should be free from any login given that Android Apps can be installed without the Google Store (so i have been told)
- Free - I would rather it to be free as Mediawiki on my PC is free, then again so is OpenOffice and I still had to pay for a decent word processor on my iPad
- PC Text Backup/Restore - I would like to backup the Wiki to a format which I can store on the PC, mainly because then I can then develop a tool to update MediaWiki on Wamp or generate a Backup from MediaWiki and restore the tablet Wiki based off that. In the absence of this, I can use my word processor to store every wiki page and just copy and paste.