I'm looking for a CRM to maintain the following data:
Company/organization (contact information fields like address, phone, mail + notes) Contact person 1 (contact information fields + notes) Meeting/telephone notes 1 Meeting/telephone notes 2 (sorted by date) ... Contact person 2 (some contact information fields + notes) ...
As you can see this is all text based. No need for photographs, email or any other type of data.
Also, no need to maintain tasks, action lists etc.
A Google doc spreadsheet is just a little too unstructured, though ;-)
- User accounts. Other than an admin, no access levels are required (everyone can edit)
- The ability to only fill in company (if we don't know contact persons yet)
- 'Responsive design', i.e. should work nicely on mobile browsers (iOS, Android)
Nice to have:
- Full text search
- For the notes a plain text field is enough, but if it has some markdown, fine
- Preferably no app to install. If an app must be used, minimum permissions required (I see no reason why any permissions are required given the kind of data we want to maintain)
- Option to export the data in an accessible format (maybe .csv), for backup purposes (and in case the website shuts down)
- Option to have no company/organization (when dealing with individuals). We could work around this by duplicating the persons' name in the company data, no big deal.
- We have the option so self-host on our site. In that case it should be PHP based or a Wordpress plugin with separate access.
- I already went through all CRM questions on this site (and many CMS questions because that abbreviation is also used for contact management system, not just content management system)
- We are talking about several hundred companies and 20 users max.