I am looking for a document reader that can open Microsoft Word documents for reading. I am using Mac OSX.
Features I want include:
- Loads very quickly. I would prefer it if the program opens almost immediately.
- Small memory footprint. I don't want a program that requires a lot of memory or CPU time. Instead, I'm hoping for an app I can be using while using multiple other resource-intensive apps, like Chrome and an IDE, without affecting my computer's performance.
- Can read .doc and .docx files
Features I don't need:
- I only want to read documents, not edit them.
Features that would be nice:
- Easy to copy text from the document and paste it elsewhere
- Can read other word processors' formats, like Open Office .odt