The situation is the following:
- I have a folder full of PDF documents (organised in many subfolders). There is a least one document updated or created every day,
- I often need to search some words and sentences in these documents,
- Windows search and Agent Ransack are too slow and their interfaces do not suit my needs,
- The interface of Regain suits my needs almost perfectly: I type my search criteria and I get a list of result with a short overview, but I can't restrict the search perimeter to a specific directory,
- The last update to regain was on 2014-07-30 - this makes me wonder if it is outdated or uses obsolete components (and I wouldn't want to compromise the security of my computer),
- I searched on many websites before posting here (This topic led me to Regain).
Here is an example of search results with Regain: