I'm looking for a speed reading software for Windows. I am aware of Spritz for Android, Velocity for iOS and the website Speeder. I am looking for a program having as many following features as possible:
- Changing WPM
- Supporting most document formats: txt, PDF, Word, OOO, etc.
- Choosing which pages/paragraph to read
- Allowing to pause
- Allowing to visualize the entire page + illustrations if any at the same time.
- working on Windows 7
Video of Spritz (contrary to what they somehow imply in the text, they didn't invent this reading method at all):
Answers to comments:
- Eye saccades limit our reading speed. Without it we can drastically improve the reading speed (up to 1600 WPM i.e. 3 to 4 times the usual reading speed, according to scientist Stanislas Dehaene > http://lafeuille.blog.lemonde.fr/2008/09/10/comment-le-numerique-peut-il-augmenter-nos-capacites-de-lecture/)
- http://7speedreading.com is advertised as being a software to learn good reading habits. It doesn't seem to be about displaying the text in such a way that reading speed is optimized.