I need a recommendation for something similar to the existing post:
- the Self-hosted replacement for Github thread and
- the Self-hosted replacements for Mercurial thread.
In the two aforementioned, I am finding the information a bit lacking to make a decision. And my aim is slightly different from the author of the thread above.
I need somethings that offers the following:
- Commercial support (obviously price is a big concern);
- Runs on Windows Server 2008 (or later) out of the box (no linux VM);
- Has features similar to github/gitlab in term of code repository management (repo management, code browsing, activity stream, user control, etc ...).
- Uses Git and/or Mercurial. Bonus for subversion hosting (legacy code) - only read write would be necessary through a web interface.
There is absolutely no concern for it being FOSS or not, as I do want commercial support for it.
What product can you recommend?
On a side note, I am finding myself compiling information onto a google sheet: Self-hosted code management software. To help me making the decision as I could not see any matrix view of such a comparison with all the different visible options (I actually might have missed features in the list). And I think it could be useful for others.