Having a music score in PDF or image, format, containing a melody, what tools are available to convert it into a programmatic format (JSON or so)?
The tools should:
- work offline (installable on a local machine)
- have a library API or being accessible with a bash command (e.g.
foo score.pdf -o melody.json)
- be free (in terms of freedom)
- should accept a pdf/image input and export any programmatic output that could be converted in a JSON structure
+1if they work in browser, on the client side. Not a requirement, but I'd prefer that.
+1if they can be used as NodeJS libraries. Also, not a requirement, but I'd prefer that since my app is written in NodeJS.
- preferably, cross-platform, running on Linux being a requirement.