I think what you are looking for a Reference management software and based on your question I would like you to suggest ReadCube.ReadCube is a desktop and browser-based program for managing, annotating, and accessing academic research articles. It is proprietary, but available for gratis.It also allows users to enhance eligible PDF files with both the browser-based and desktop application.and the software features which have listed down from wikipedia.
ReadCube Desktop, running on Adobe Air, available for Windows and Mac OS.
- Consolidated display of all imported articles into a library
- Customizable lists to organize articles
- Integrated search functionality with Google Scholar, PubMed, and Microsoft Academic to find and download new research material
- Personalized recommendations of literature based on searches and library content
- PDF viewer with notes and text highlighting
- Supplements and references in one place
- Full-text search across your entire PDF library
- Hyperlinked references
- Easily export citations to EndNote and other reference managers
- Can sync your library between multiple devices
- Can manually add and edit citation data
- Can watch specific folders for changes & automatically import PDFs
- SmartCite allows users to format citations and create bibliographies
The screenshot below is from Papers fullscreen view which I think you might like ;)