I need a program for Ubuntu 14.04 that will allow me to take photos with a laptop's built-in webcam.
- Preview the webcam on-screen before taking the photo.
- Must be available either in the Ubuntu Software Center or via apt-get without adding repositories.
- Save pictures in common image formats (jpg and png at a minimum).
- Image editing capabilities. I have more than enough software capable of doing image editing/processing, and this would likely only make the program unnecessarily larger than I need.
- Silent capture mode. I want to know that the webcam is being accessed while the program is running.