Unlike blackwind I'm not searching for a backup tool with various functions. I simply want to backup my files to an external hard disk. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, if that really matters.
My requirements are:
- file and folder backup (although it's even better if the same tool supports system backups)
- incremental backups
- programmable, automatic backups (at a specific time / every night)
- supports external hard drives (as target)
- preferably free
What I don't need:
- cloud backups (I bought this external 4TB HDD for a reason)
- extremely good performance (20GB RAM & i7-2600K, even if it's slow I'm okay with a backup over night, no need to work simultaneously)
- version control (the latest version is fine)
I don't want opinion-based answers. Only if you really are an expert and tried all different backup software I'd like to hear your opinion on which is "the best" tool that matches my requirements.
I searched and found a lot of software, but they all seem to do the same and much more than I actually need. I have little experience with Acronis but don't really like it (If you still think it's the best, don't hesitate to correct my opinion on it). There came a backup software with my Western Digital hard drive (don't know the name of it) but it's only licensed for a limited period of time.
If this is an exact duplicate, I'm really sorry. I've only found OS-specific questions and such with special requirements.