My remote customer experiences a bug that I can't manage to reproduce, even after setting up a machine identical in all points (I think) to my customer's machine.
Is there a program that me and my customer would run and we would be presented with a list of differences?
- Differences in OS version
- Differences in Windows Update patch level
- Differences in installed programs (and their versions)
- Bonus for differences in installed DLLs
- Bonus for differences in general configuration
- Bonus for big differences in hardware/drivers
- The list of differences should be easily navigable, so that for instance I can choose to ignore DLLs differences.
- Must work for Windows 7 and above
- Unfortunately I am not able to connect to the remote PC via VNC or anything, even Skype is prohibited. The remote steps must be performed by the customer, so they have to be extremely simple and reliable.
For now, my lousy idea is to ask the customer to type
Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | Select-Object -Property Name and take a screenshot of Windows Update's
View update history then compare manually with mine.