I need a quick/easy Windows app to maintain notes, protected by a password.
Use case e.g.: it contains a list of server passwords, I get a telephone call for help, and need to quickly login to one of those servers (and a password manager won't help there).
I currently have these as safe notes in LastPass, but that requires starting my browser if it is not open, logging in to my Lastpass vault if is not (still) open, scrolling down to the safe notes and opening one.
- Just a few free form text notes, even one is OK
- Start with double click, enter password and I'm in and see the notes
- Good security: established encryption algorithm, well implemented, no 'roll your own' security
- Display closes and password re-enables (or program closes) when program is Y minutes open
- Login is postponed for the next X minutes if I close, then reopen the app
- A small list of notes is fine, if they are all immediately accessible (I don't want to have to pull down a list)
- Tray icon app would be nice, but I can place it in my quick start bar, so not essential
- Portability of the file that contains the notes