I often walk to work. Sometimes my wife will meet me part way. We always have to coordinate where I say I will be going down such and such a street and then turn here and go down another street.
It would be easier if she had an app on her phone that could locate my phone. I have seen numerous apps on the Google Play store, such as, "Find My Friends" or "Family Locator", but there are so many with so many features.
- The most important feature is the locator--like a map with a flashing dot.
- Also important is that the app does not unduly drain the battery.
- Free is nice, but if the best app is not free I don't mind paying for the app.
- I don't care about other features, such as chat, alerts, or circles.
Have any of you used any of these applications that you could recommend?
I have been using the two recommendations since they were recommended.
This is a good app. Things I like about it.
- You can follow the person being tracked on a map that updates frequently.
- The app gives the speed and direction of the person being tracked.
- You can send a Glympse by email or text to people who don't have the Glympse app installed. They can follow on their phone or with a web browser on any computer.
- Tracking is timed. Helpful if you don't want to always be trackable. (This can also be a problem. Once my wife sent me a Glympse and had unexpected delays, so the Glympse ran out too soon.)
Like kmort said in the recommendation, a nice bonus for this one is that you probably already have it on your phone. It does not have the features that Glympse does, such as showing direction and speed. It also only updates once per minute, which isn't helpful if one or both parties are moving. But for simple location sharing it works well.